Typical to all the employees staying more than 6 months is you can bring your loved ones.
Receiving an ongoing work license
The principles for going to Sweden for work differ based on your nation of citizenship, see below. Typical to all or any employees staying more than 6 months is you can bring family.
People of EU nations
Passport/ID is required
Being an EU resident, you may be eligible to work with Sweden without having a license. You additionally have the best to arrive at Sweden to find a work. Your household gets the directly to join you in Sweden so long as you have right of residence in Sweden.
Whenever entering Sweden, you and any family that is accompanying will need to have a legitimate passport or nationwide ID card showing your citizenship.
Family from outside of the EU?
In case the spouse/common legislation spouse/registered partner/dependent children/dependent moms and dads aren’t EU residents, they are going to need certainly to submit an application for residence cards, but this will be done after going to Sweden, in the exact same time as you sign up your right of residence.
Long-term EU resident?
You qualify as a long-term resident and can apply, in that country, for a special EU residence permit if you have lived in another EU country with a residence permit for at least five years. This will make it much easier to relocate to another EU nation.
People of non-EU nations
The 1st step: work license
Generally speaking, residents from nations beyond your EU must make an application for work license to the office in Sweden.
You can find a few exceptions to the guideline. People of Argentina, Australia, Chile, Canada, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Southern Korea and Uruguay aged 18–30 can also make an application for a working vacation visa ( website website link in Swedish) for approximately one year.
For work that persists significantly less than 3 months, residents of particular nations should have both an ongoing work license and a visa. Also observe that employees in some areas might be exempt from work license laws.
Demands for the ongoing work license
To be eligible for a work license, you really need to have received the state offer of work from the employer that is swedish. The work should also:
- have now been promoted into the EU/EEA for at the very least ten times
- offer regards to work that match those set by Swedish collective agreements or those who are customary in the career or industry
- spend the very least monthly income of SEK 13,000 before fees.
You need to additionally hold a passport that is valid your house nation.
Licenses for nearest and dearest
If you’re a non-EU resident eligible to get a work license, your spouse/common law spouse/registered partner and kiddies as much as age 21 (along with young ones over 21 who’re economically determined by you) have actually the best to join you in Sweden. They have to make an application for residence licenses, either in your application or individually.
The applying procedure
Generally speaking, you need to make an application for your permit before entering Sweden, though in certain full instances maybe you are in a position to use from within Sweden if you’re currently lawfully residing in the nation.
- Get an offer of employment – which will need to have been authorized with a appropriate trade union.
- Compile and submit the job – either online or through a paper application presented to your closest Swedish embassy or consulate. Your completed application must add: – a completed application form – copies of this pages of one’s passport that show individual data, amount of credibility and whether you have got authorization to reside in nations aside from your nation of beginning ( ag e.g. other visas or residence permits) – your offer of work while the declaration through the trade union – a software charge.
- The Migration Agency considers the application and notifies you of their decision, see present times that are waiting.
- Publish data for visa and residence license card.
Expanding an ongoing work license
You need to apply for an extension if you want to keep working after your current permit has expired. In the event that you use before your present license expires, you may be eligible to keep working while looking forward to a choice.
People of Nordic nations
Residents of a Nordic nation have actually the best to freely live and work with Sweden without registering because of the Migration Agency. Nonetheless, you ought to register aided by the Swedish Tax Agency to achieve a swedish identity number that is personal.
People of Switzerland
Swiss residents require a residence license to exert effort in Sweden for extended than 90 days. You make an application for your residence license after entering Sweden and certainly will take effect just as you enter the nation. Whenever entering Sweden, you’ll want a legitimate passport. Your loved ones might join you.
Global pupils having a residence license in Sweden are permitted to work alongside their studies. They need a work permit if they want to stay and work in Sweden after completing their studies.
Some points that are starting learning the Swedish language: