No standards related to the information.
Which collection of standards are you looking for?
Materials and preparation
- Story paper
- Lined paper
Students should be able to write a straightforward story about one topic with relevant details.
- Tell the students that they can draw and color a picture about anything that makes them happy today.
- Let them have time for you to brainstorm some topics.
- Provide them with several ideas such as animals, toys, games, favorite food if they are stuck and can’t think about anything.
Explicit Instruction/Teacher modeling
- Choose a topic of interest for your requirements.
- Draw an image to go along with it. Show the learning students the way the drawing need not be perfect.
- Demonstrate when it comes to students how you would choose words that describe your picture.
- Make a list and write those words from the board.
- Use 2-3 of the expressed words in a sentence.
- Show the learning students the way the sentences relate with the image.
Gu >(15 minutes)
- Instruct the students to consider several words that tell about the picture they drew.
- Have them write the expressed words on lined paper.
Independent working time
- Tell the students to consider sentences that tell about their pictures before they start writing.
- Have students turn and communicate with an elbow partner to explain the thing that is very important to them orally using details that are relevant
- Have them write sentences that are 1-2 the image.
- Enrichment: Encourage advanced students to publish a paragraph about their picture. They may wish to add pictures that are additional writing, encourage them to take action.
- Support: Struggling students may focus on correct spelling. Since this is beginning writing, encourage them to sound out words or phonetically write them. You are able to assist them.
- Collect the papers.
- Read the sentences. Check to ensure they match the picture and stayed on topic.
- If students stayed on topic, they can independently write more.
- Meet individually with students who may require help that is extra.
Review and closing
- Allow students to generally share a partner to their writing before choosing a couple of volunteers to talk about their writing using the whole class.
Related resources that are learning
Choose a merchant account to sign in
But first, we need to verify your actual age!
You should be 13 or higher to proceed. Please verify your age
Just grab a grownup to continue.
Have you been 13 or older? Click on this link
Forgot your password?
Please enter your email address therefore we’ll send you instructions to reset your password. Return to sign in page
Reset Password Email Sent
The e-mail is on its way. Please allow a few minutes for it to arrive. Didn’t receive the email? Go back and attempt again
Tell us about yourself
School Information (optional)
Add to collection
Create collection that is new
Sign up to start collecting!
Bookmark this to easily think it is later. Then send essay-911.com discount your curated collection to your children, or come up with your own custom lesson plan.
Warning – you will be going to cookies that are disable. If you choose to create a free account with us as time goes by, you need to enable cookies before performing this.
How likely are you currently to recommend Education.com to friends and family and colleagues?
What could we do to improve Education.com?
Please note: Use the Contact Us link at the end of your website for account-specific questions or issues.